Create Future-Ready Students With Curriculum-Aligned Content
Designed for students in Grades 6-12, Rosen Digital’s Core Concepts databases support STEM learning and deliver curriculum-correlated content; promote digital literacy and 21st-century learning skills; and offer research, report, and homework help.
Online Resource Features
A content-driven, visually stimulating, and media-rich online science resource. Interactive activities, timelines, and science experiments provide opportunities for hands-on learning and help students see science in context.
- Interactive Plan-It Earth: Cause and Effect activities demonstrate the impact of biology on life, empowering students to be creative content creators.
- Biographies and interactive timelines that put discoveries and events in historical context.
- Science experiments to get hands-on with biology.
- Call-outs encourage users to witness and apply biology concepts to daily life.
Encourages students to explore the world around them from the subatomic level on up. This rich resource covers atoms, elements, chemical reactions, organic chemistry, biochemistry, the properties of matter, and more.
- Interactive Chemical Reactions: Moving Molecules activity, which explores the science of chemical reactions.
- Extensive footage, images, and diagrams–including targeted, student-created videos from the Chemical Heritage Foundation.
- Hands-on experiments and activities that inspire students to “Think Like Scientists”.
- The ability to submit videos for publication on the site.
- Inquiry-based, problem-based, and project-based experiences for independent/group learning.
Makes complex scientific concepts easy to understand and highly engaging. Its intuitive, interactive interface encourages hands-on exploration to develop a deep understanding of the 118 elements that make up our world.
- Interactive “Element Builder” activities reinforce skills and core ideas, allowing students to explore atomic theory and master the science behind the periodic table.
- Articles enhanced with unique student-created video from the world-renowned Chemical Heritage Foundation.
- Professional footage, extensive images, diagrams, and data tables provide an understanding of the elements, from the atomic level to the cosmic.
- Content suited for independent exploration and study as well as whole-class instruction.
PowerKnowledge Science Suite
PowerKnowledge Life Science, Earth & Space Science, and Physical Science are online science resources specifically designed for learners in grades 3 – 6. Comprised of curriculum-correlated content, PK Science promotes STEM education, Next Generation Science Standards, digital literacy, and 21st-century learning skills while offering research, report, and homework help.
Online Resource Features
An online resource specifically designed for learners in grades 3 to 6. Comprised of curriculum correlated content, PK Life Science promotes digital literacy and 21st-century learning skills, while offering research, report, and homework help. Instant Article Translation into over 100 languages supports English Language Learners and family literacy programs.
An online resource designed for learners grades 3 to 6. Comprised of curriculum correlated content, PowerKnowledge Earth & Space Science promotes digital literacy and 21st-century learning skills, while offering research, report, and homework help. Instant Article Translation into over 100 languages supports English Language Learners and family literacy programs.
An online resource specifically designed for learners in grades 3 to 6. Comprised of curriculum correlated content, PK Physical Science promotes digital literacy and 21st century learning skills, while offering research, report, and homework help. Instant Article Translation into over 100 languages supports English Language Learners and family literacy programs.
Real Life Literacy
“If ever there was an ideal product for the 21st-century student, this is it. Rosen’s new database, Digital Literacy, is the Ellis Island for today’s middle and high school students and their teachers.”
School Library Journal, August 2013
Empowers 21st-century learners with the knowledge and skill set to safely and effectively navigate the digital world. Innovative interactive activities guide students to safely use real-world Web sites and software to create unique user-generated content including podcasts, public service announcements, multimedia presentations, digital business plans, and dynamic articles. Database articles explore cyberbullying, digital etiquette, career information and preparedness, various digital platforms, and technology’s biggest movers and shakers. Aligned to Common Core, AASL, and ISTE standards, Digital Literacy will give your students 21st-century skills and help them become savvy Digital Citizens!
- Articles aligned to Common Core, AASL, and ISTE standards
- Interactive activities allow students to apply knowledge and create digital content
- Lesson plans created by Michelle Luhtala, Library Department Chair, New Canaan HS, CT
- User-friendly browse and comprehensive search make information easy to find
- Instant translation offers articles in over 100+ languages
- Text-to-speech and optional text highlighting supports struggling readers and ELLs
- Social bookmarking lets users share information with friends and family
- Weekly quizzes and polls invite user interaction
- iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and netbook compatible
From personal finance and entrepreneurship to market economics and globalization, Rosen Digital’s Financial Literacy database makes economics and finance both readily comprehensible and highly engaging. Created expressly for students in grades 7–12, database articles explore macro-, micro-, and global economics as well as personal and household finance.
- Curriculum-correlated content supports state and national standards for economics and personal finance
- Dynamic videos bring economics to life
- Interactive calculators and financial tools give hands-on experience with money management
- Quizzes and polls invite users to test their knowledge and share their opinion
- Instant translation offers articles in over 100+ languages
- Text-to-speech supports struggling readers and ELLs
- Social bookmarking lets users share articles with friends and family
- Lesson plans provide roadmaps for an introduction to financial literacy
Depression, drinking, suicide, drugs, bullying, date rape, eating disorders — are your teens dealing with these issues? Today’s teens face challenges that affect their lives at school and at home. Teen Health & Wellness can help, 24 hours a day, with credible, trusted information, including comprehensive curricular support and self-help tools on topics such as diseases, drugs, alcohol, mental health, diversity, family life, gender identity, stalking and more.
Developed for teens, with their unique concerns and perspective in mind, Teen Health & Wellness: Real Life, Real Answers draws on Rosen’s award-winning series, including Coping, Need to Know, and others. Thoroughly updated and revised for online use, all content is reviewed by leading professionals in medicine, mental health, nutrition, guidance, and career counseling. Read editorial and expert review policies here. Teen Health & Wellness: Real Life, Real Answers has received critical acclaim and won numerous awards, including an EDDIE (Annual Education Software Review) Award, an Association of Educational Publishers (AEP) Distinguished Achievement Award, a World Wide Web Health Award, and a Best Educational Software (BESSIE) Award. See full list of awards and reviews here.
- Free Mobile App for 24/7 access to teen hotlines, help lines, and web sites on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Text-to-Speech to support students with learning difficulties and struggling English language learners
- Instant translation into over 100+ languages, including Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, Haitian Creole
- “Stop Bullying” Tool-Kit to support anti-bullying efforts
- Optimized for smartphones for access anytime, anywhere
- Videos throughout, including student-created PSAs, add a new level of interactivity. Teens can provide a soundtrack to their videos with the new royalty-free music library.
- Interactive calculators give personalized tips on Body Mass Index, Blood Alcohol Content, Budgets, and more
Order Rosen Digital Databases Today!
Licensing and Access
Renewal Required: You must renew this subscription every year.
Lifetime Access: You only need to purchase this product one time.
Simultaneous Access: More than one person can use this product at the same time.
Multi-School Incremental Discounts: Discounts available if purchasing for more than one school/location. Contact Mackin for discount information at email@example.com.
Multi-Year Discounts: Discounts available if purchasing for more than one consecutive year. Contact Mackin for discount information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content Correlation: NF=Nonfiction F=Fiction
The following browsers are supported:
The following browsers are compatible:
Internet Explorer 8 and higher (Internet Explorer 9 or higher is recommended)
Safari 4 and higher
Firefox 3 and higher
Chrome 8 and higher
iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and netbook compatible
Text to Speech
For computers, Flash 8 and higher is required for text-to-speech. If Flash is not present, an mp3 file of the audio can be downloaded. iOS devices (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) will do text-to-speech using an HTML5 player.