Mackin Classroom Services is a proud partner of Lavinia Group, and we are here to support schools implementing Lavinia Group curriculum.
The Lavinia Group approach is firmly anchored in intellectual preparation, meaningful mindset, rigorous practice, and world-class multicultural literature.
Insight Humanities™ is Lavinia Group’s multicultural, project-based, and integrated reading, writing, and social studies curriculum for Kindergarten through Grade 5 students.
This title list includes read aloud, Shared Content Reading™, and independent reading texts, which students will read and engage with throughout the Insight Humanities™ curriculum.
- Unit 1: A Study of Character Perspective Through Series Books
- Unit 2: Northeast Indians and the Early Colonies
- Unit 3: African Folklore and the Oral Tradition
- Unit 4: Immigration in the East and West
- Unit 5: Studying Character Development in Chapter Books
- Unit 6: The Harlem Renaissance and Its Legacy
- Unit 1: Understanding Characters Through the Lens of Social Justice
- Unit 2: The American Revolution and U.S. Constitution
- Unit 3: Abolition, Suffrage, and Citizenship
- Unit 4: Reading and Writing About Fiction Through One Crazy Summer
- Unit 5: A Study of Poets’ Perspectives and Works
- Unit 6: The Modern Civil Rights Movement
- Unit 1: A Shared Novel™ Study: Where the Mountain Meets the Moon
- Unit 2: The Islamic Golden Age
- Unit 3: A Historical Fiction Shared Novel™ Study: The Night Diary
- Unit 4: Empires of Medieval Africa
- Unit 5: A Shared Memoir™ and Autobiography Study: The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind
- Unit 6: The Silk Road, the Crusades, and the Plague
Insight Social Studies™
Insight Social Studies™ is Lavinia Group’s Kindergarten through Grade 5 social studies curriculum, teaching content through high-quality, multicultural texts and authentic project work.
This title list includes read aloud and Shared Content Reading™ texts, which may also be referenced during project work.
Insight Social Studies Content Boosters™
Insight Social Studies Content Boosters™ are designed to enhance the core Insight Social Studies™ units. This curriculum focuses on investigations of geography, civics, economics, and source analysis.
Insight Middle Courses™
Insight Middle Courses™ is Lavinia Group’s middle school literacy curriculum, teaching content through a global, thematic, and project-based approach. Rooted in the science of reading, students develop content knowledge as they engage with diverse and rigorous texts, themes, and topics, develop complex speaking and listening skills through regular opportunities for discourse, craft writing that is grounded in the reading work of each course, and learn foundational language skills that build their sophistication as readers, writers, and thinkers.
This title list includes core texts, read alouds, and independent reading texts, which may also be referenced during reading, writing, and project work.
Guided Reading for Meaning™
The purpose of Guided Reading for Meaning™ is to rapidly improve students’ reading skills and deepen their comprehension—all while cultivating a love of reading.
This Guided Reading for Meaning™ book list includes leveled book titles that have been carefully selected to capture students’ interest and prompt rich discussions.
Lavinia Group advises ordering enough copies of each title so every student in a Guided Reading group (generally 6-8 students) can have access to the text. Guided Reading books should be kept separate from general classroom libraries to ensure that the title sets stay together and that teachers always have access to enough books for their Guided Reading groups.
RISE Summer School Program
Lavinia Group’s RISE Summer School Program is grounded in highly engaging, multicultural literature by award-winning and prolific authors. Students will read, analyze, discuss, and write about these world-class texts, which will rapidly develop their critical-thinking skills, passion for reading, and ability to analyze any text with confidence and precision.
This title list includes read aloud and novel study texts. Review the RISE Book List Ordering Guidance before placing a book order.